[BUG] API v5 doesn’t return answers with value of zero

I found a bug in version 5 of the API that can end up messing up the data retrieved. When using slider lists if the survey respondent answers with a value of 0 (zero) the answer is not shown in the output of the API. This is quite alarming as it looks exactly the same as if the respondent hadn’t selected any value from the slider.

I know that in version 4 of the API this was not a problem, but the API is so different that I can’t now start using it instead of version 5 after a couple of months of development with the newer spec. Not using the value of 0 on the slider lists is also not an option as the meaning of zero can’t really be replaced by any other value. Using single sliders don’t look as good when there are many one after another, so I really can’t use them in all cases.

Has anybody else found this before and how have you worked around it?

Antti90 answered

@Antti90 : I could not replicate what you describe. Here is the surveyresponse data that is returned for me via the v5 API for a slider with a response of 0 (aplogies for the formatting).

survey_data“: {2“: {id“: 2,type“: “SLIDER”,question“: “slider”,section_id“: 1,answer“: “0”,answer_id“: 0,shown“: true}}

I should also note how the slider works. If your slider has a starting value of 0 this will only be recorded if the respondent interacts with the slider. Here are more details regarding how this works:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/unanswered-slider

If you have questions or continue to have issues please reach out to our support team. They will get you sorted.

I hope this helps!

Bri Hillmer
    Documentation Coordinator
    SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

Community Admin answered

I already put this as a response to your acknowledgement of the bug but as there has not been a response here it is again as a top level comment that might be more visible to you. It is really important for us to know any kind of estimation how long fixing this bug might take, as we are beginning our survey rollout and can’t get the slider list responses that have been answered as 0 (zero).

Any news from your devs on when this could be fixed? Any kind of rough approximation would be awesome so we can plan ourselves what to do in the mean time. Our own integration development depends on this being fixed.

Antti90 answered

I said specifically slider lists. I know that the single slider works. I also know that the placeholder value is not recorded.

Antti90 commented
          • My apologies! I completely missed that you were referring to Slider Lists. I’ve replicated this issue and will report it to our development team. Thank You for clarifying!

Bri Hillmer
            Documentation Coordinator
            SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

• Any news from your devs on when this could be fixed? Any kind of rough approximation would be awesome so we can plan ourselves what to do in the mean time. Our own integration development depends on this being fixed.

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views4739 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower