[Solved] Box w/ an x in it

Above some of my images there is an ‘x’ with a box around it even though no images are missing. It also creates a large space below the box. What is causing this?

Northwest Survey Admin160831 asked

Best answer

Hi there Northwest Survey Admin,

I was able to pull up your survey from here at SurveyGizmo and I identified the problem.  You have that image on the survey in an Image element, and in that Image element, you had the link to the image in the spot where the image title should go.  So the image was appearing as the image title, but the spot where the image belonged was blank, which resulted in that box with the X in Internet Explorer (other browsers must be smart enough to ignore that blank field and not display it at all).

I’ve already corrected it for you by selecting the image to be displayed in the spot where the image is meant to be displayed in the Image element setup, and chose to hide the title.  Please take a look at your survey in Internet Explorer now to confirm it looks how you expect.

For more information on setting up an Image element properly to avoid this kind of thing, please take a look at our documentation here: http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/image#setup

Hope that helps!

Tim – SurveyGizmo

Tim - SurveyGizmo answered

Below is a closer screenshot of the info:

Northwest Survey Admin160831 answered

The issues does not appear in Firefox or Chrome. Sorry, I meant Internet Explorer not Outlook. See attached for a screenshot that shows the inspect element info.

Northwest Survey Admin160831 answered
          • I am flagging this for SurveyGizmo Support. Thanks for including the screen cap. I can barely see it but I don’t see anything that is obviously wrong.
            As a last resort, you might want to try going into ADVANCED > GENERAL and then scrolling down and turn the “Yes, please verify and fix my HTML” off. This is usually our first step when some kind of coding issues crops up.
            Good luck!

This is difficult to diagnose without actually be able to view the survey.  Does the problem occur in FireFox?  If so, can you use the INSPECT ELEMENT tool to see the HTML code around the problem?

Also – how are you using Outlook to view the file? And what version of Safari are you using?

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
            • Views1653 times
            • Answers4 answers
            • Followers0 followers