Autoplay on Chrome

The most recent builds of Chrome (>78) now block autoplay for videos. That means the “autoplay” checkbox of SurveyGizmo doen’t work. Autoplay is essential for our media surveys, and Chrome is the most popular broswser. Is a fix for autplay on Chrome planned?

damon answered
    • Hi @damon,

Thank you for this post! We have opened a Support ticket with you (you should have already received an email) so that we can investiage this further!

We look forward to hearing back from you via the ticket and taking a closer look!

David Domagalski
      Technical Writer | Learning & Development
      SurveyGizmo | https://www.surveygizmo.com

Thanks Jim,

I’ll follow this up with David as a support enquiry, and report back here how I get on. Autoplay is super important to us, so I’m keen to see if we can find to make this work. 

damon answered

Google claims that the Autoplay Block is their most requested feature, so your need for Autoplay seems to be in conflict with Chrome users.

I have flagged your posting for the attention of SurveyGizmo Support, but I would guess that there will not be a fix.  Browsers are designed to allow each user to control and customize their web browsing experience.  The AutoPlay Block setting is under the user’s control, and any attempt to hijack or spoof their settings would be seen as a malicious act that would be blocked.

Jim W (Moderator) edited answer

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views205 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers1 follower