automatic fullscreen for video possible

Hi, I want to show a video for 20sec (with PageTimer and “auto play on” on an extra page) starting in fullscreen without showing and pushing the button for toggling between fullscreen or not. Is there a javascript solution?

And is there also an automatic way to show pictures in fullscreen, when getting to the page?

Thanks for help

M.

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Hi Marlo,

Auto-play may be possible, but you should be aware that Chrome and FireFox now have functions that allows users to block auto-play videos.  This is a reflection of how most users feel about this type of video.  You should not assume that your video is going to be played automatically.

Someone with a more in-depth knowledge of JavaScript is free to correct me, but I do not believe that there is a way to force a browser to show a video at full screen.  This would require the script to over-ride the user’s browser setting and preferences.

Your best approach will probably be to get your respondent’s cooperation and get them to willingly play your video at full screen.  I don’t know what you can do, but this will probably be a more productive approach than trying to force it on them.

J

Jim W (Moderator) edited answer

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views108 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers1 follower