[Solved] API properties for layout>randomize and pages>group

I have an API HTTP call that builds survey pages and questions, but there are some things I didn’t find in the documantation.

1. can I add/set the page group thrugh API? in some survys I want to randomize pages.
i looked at https://apihelp.surveygizmo.com/help/surveypage-sub-object-v5
and there’s no ‘group’ parameter. is there a way?

2. how can I make my question to be random (similar to layout-randomize options)? i know how to ‘fix’ question options (answers) to stay in position when the question is randomized, but how do i set it as one?]
I looked  at https://apihelp.surveygizmo.com/help/surveyquestion-sub-object-v5 
and there’s a ‘sort’ option, but not random.

3. question that’s no actually about API, but still:
can I set a minimum value to a continues sum question? I.E – the sum has to be 100 or above?

Thanks!

Community Admin answered

Best answer

Hi Yehonatan,

Thanks for your detailed API questions. I’ll answer them one by one below.

1. Page group is not officially available to be set via the API.

I was able to do create all the page groups via the UI and then do calls to get the hash for the page group that I could then use later to set on new pages using the following parameter:

properties[page-group]=42810cb02db3bb2cbb428af0d8b0376e

I will make note of this for discussion of future improvements with the development team.

2. I did a little testing and found a parameter that works for setting option randomization. Here is the call that worked for me:

https://restapi.surveygizmo.com/v5/survey/1234567/surveyquestion/3/?_method=POST&properties[option_sort]=true

I’ll do some testing and get this documented for other users like yourself.

3. We do not currently have a minimum total value for the Continuous Sum question. I will make note of this as well for discussion of future improvements with the development team.

I hope this helps!

Bri Hillmer
    Documentation Coordinator
    SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

Community Admin selected as best answer

bringing this up again, 
      I’ve tried using properties[option_sort]=true, but this makes the question ‘alphabetazied’ and not random. 

thank you!

yehonatan answered

Hi again yehonatan,

I did a little testing and found that you are correct setting the properties[option_sort] parameter to true does toggle the Alphabetize options in the UI however, in the survey itself the answer options are actually being randomized.

I will report the issue with the incorrect UI setting being toggled when using this parameter but you should be able to move forward using this param as the proper setting is set up in survey taking.

I hope this helps!

Bri Hillmer
        Documentation Coordinator
        SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

Community Admin answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views1318 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower