I have an API HTTP call that builds survey pages and questions, but there are some things I didn’t find in the documantation.
1. can I add/set the page group thrugh API? in some survys I want to randomize pages.
i looked at https://apihelp.surveygizmo.com/help/surveypage-sub-object-v5
and there’s no ‘group’ parameter. is there a way?
2. how can I make my question to be random (similar to layout-randomize options)? i know how to ‘fix’ question options (answers) to stay in position when the question is randomized, but how do i set it as one?]
I looked at https://apihelp.surveygizmo.com/help/surveyquestion-sub-object-v5
and there’s a ‘sort’ option, but not random.
3. question that’s no actually about API, but still:
can I set a minimum value to a continues sum question? I.E – the sum has to be 100 or above?
bringing this up again,
I’ve tried using properties[option_sort]=true, but this makes the question ‘alphabetazied’ and not random.
Thanks for your detailed API questions. I’ll answer them one by one below.
1. Page group is not officially available to be set via the API.
I was able to do create all the page groups via the UI and then do calls to get the hash for the page group that I could then use later to set on new pages using the following parameter:
I will make note of this for discussion of future improvements with the development team.
2. I did a little testing and found a parameter that works for setting option randomization. Here is the call that worked for me:
I’ll do some testing and get this documented for other users like yourself.
3. We do not currently have a minimum total value for the Continuous Sum question. I will make note of this as well for discussion of future improvements with the development team.
I hope this helps!
SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team