Anonymous Passwords

Good morning. I am wondering the best way to distribute surveys with password protection while keeping the respondents anonymous. Is the URL Redirect my best option?

Can respondents change or set their own passwords?

Thank you,

April

Lola Gill answered
    Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

You might want to take a look at this article as well:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/identifying-information-in-anonymous-survey

Lola Gill answered
      Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

I think your URL redirect plan is certainly not a bad way to go about this. You could Style the two surveys differently to make the distinction more clear.

Lola Gill answered

Good point. 

Sending out an employee satisfaction survey. 
        I’d like to ensure that all employees have submitted a response, but I DO NOT want to know which employee submitted which report. I want to maintain their anonymity.  

I tried giving each their own password, but they didn’t trust that as they thought it could be traced back to them.

Thinking single password for all with a URL redirect for name capture. I would just have to explain that they are two different surveys/data captures.

Any other ideas/thoughts?

Thank you and much appreciated!!!!

april answered

There is not really a way for respondents to set their own passwords. Depending on how you are using the Login Action, you might consider using a single password (all users use the same password) – assuming you are using the password strictly as a security measure rather than a means to pre-populate the survey.

Perhaps you can elaborate on your scenario a bit more – perhaps that will help other folks in the community provide suggestions.

Cheers!

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
            • Views1014 times
            • Answers4 answers
            • Followers1 follower